K McAulay provided several helpful links:
- Reference collectors: Mendeley, Zotero, Endnote and refme.com
- http://www.diigo.com/index to save websites to
- Mahara: Links to RCS online library and e-journals, teachers tv and Web of Knowledge.
- Zetoc: Alert user when key words appear in new Journals.
- COPAC, WORLDCAT, local library and SCONUL to get journals but need to apply via RCS
- Alan Jones RCS library link for Dance
- RCS library catalogue page
ACTION LEARNING SETS
a. I need to get into an RCS learning set by Saturday!
b. I understand how the action set continuously develops learning from experience by moving through 4 sectors of:
1. Planning 2. Action 3. Reflection and 4. learning
c. Things I feel must be in portfolio:
- Promotion of creativity
- Curriculum reform
- Challenge and Question
- Supports inclusion
d. Klob’s reflective practice
e. Transform not improve: This discussion suggests that we want to transform our practice using a duel cycle rather than improve it based on a mono cycle of reflection.
f. Expand to community and also education: Should I broaden the purpose of my protocol to incorporate a mechanism that includes educational environments and community practice?
g. Collaborate to:
Question-> Resource->Stakeholder->Benefit->Learning-> Repeat
THINGS TO DO
Each section is 300-400 words => Total words 1500-2000
Number of e-journal entries 50 + 50 more = 100 Weekend sessions, Action research sets, Collaborative space, Research, Tutorials, Adobe Connect Sessions, Other relevant experiences.
Date for completion of Proposal = 19.11.15
Final copy of proposal = 30 November
First draft should be on blog!
b. SEND PHOTO+SENTENCE ABOUT SELF TO J McKAY