1. Interview with principle assessor of advanced higher biology.
- Identified a gap where students in national 4 do not have the skill set to progress to national 5 biology.
- This gap has been a direct result of shifting to the national rather than the standard grade system.
- Students lack the problem solving skills.
2. Interview with senior director of advanced higher biology
- He has written a sports-science course.
- The niche for the course was to fill the gap before standard grade
- Standard grade was introduced and the gap for this course diminished
- The gap has reappeared with national testing.
- Part of the course involved bouncing a ball. Dissecting its movement. Carrying out calculations and graph plotting before trying to copy the movement using the body and discussing the forces acting with each movement.
I feel the latter point provides additional ideas for The content of dance science.
The top people have indentified the same gap as me and the possibility of a dance-science suiting curricular needs.