Student 4: Lucus (Age 12 years)
- Identify dance qualities you would like to improve and areas of your training which might support these.
Flexibility, positioning, posture, control and acro.
- Explain how you warm up before class.
- Identify which teaching styles benefits you most during warm ups.
Participant-led. I like to do my movements to music with the right mood. I chose the music.
- Describe how your teacher adapts dance lessons to benefit males.
I get freedom to do what I want. So, I do what I want! The teacher helps give hard routines. I get exercises to build strength.
- Outline the ways dance supports your attainment and inclusion.
Dance helps my PE. It helps my movement and muscle tone. Dance does not help my other subjects. I am brilliant at dance, I am not interested in the other subjects.
- Describe in what ways collaborations have improved your dance programme.
I do singing, acting and dancing. I work alone but the three go together. I have the triple threat.
- Suggest if ‘dance-based research’ (measuring aspects of movement) could benefit your dancing.
Measurement yes. It would show what I could do and how I have improved. That would be ok!
- In your opinion, what are the best strategies to inspire all learners.
Praise and extra practice. Can we dance now?